Commercial Lines Account Manager (Aronson Insurance)
- Needham, MA
- Full Time
- Aronson Insurance
- Mid Level
For over 100 years, Aronson Insurance has been serving the Boston area and beyond from their various offices in Massachusetts. Aronson Insurance provides the highest quality insurance products at the right price and service to their clients, while simultaneously protecting their assets from financial loss. Aronson Insurance has been recognized as one of the best insurance brokerages in Massachusetts by their clients and carriers.
Aronson Insurance, an Acrisure agency partner, have a current need for a full-time Commercial Lines Account Manager to act as the main service provider for clients. This individual is also responsible for retaining and growing their assigned book of business with assistance from support staff and management.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Acts as the primary contact with assigned commercial insurance clients
- Establishes and maintains a strong relationship and makes decisions on account updates and coverages for accounts ranging from small to mid-size accounts with moderate complexities
- Review exposures and insurance programs for assigned clients, determine if carrier is the best fit for the client while considering coverage, protection, and cost
- Work with producers to market, quote, and prepare the proposal for the client from both a risk management and insurance prospective to decide upon the “best” way to manage the customer’s risks
- Provide day-to-day service, anticipate customer’s needs, and respond to client issues/questions in a timely manner
- Handles initial reporting of claims, and following up to ensure that the claim is properly progressing, and customer’s needs are being met
- Monitor carrier activities to make sure that they are fulfilling their responsibilities to the customer (policy endorsements, claims, etc.)
- Complete account reviews
- Attempt to round-out each customer’s insurance portfolio including the solicitation of additional commercial and personal lines insurance where applicable
- Maintains customer records in accordance with procedures, including detailed logs of telephone conversations
- Keeps customers up to date on “pending changes” in the insurance world that may impact their insurance coverage
- Coordinates and assists in the training of Assistant Account Managers
- Assists or completes other tasks as directed by agency management
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 3-5 years of prior insurance industry experience
- Associate degree, required
- Maintain MA P&C license
- Obtained CIC Designation
- Experience using AMS and rating systems, required
- Communication, negotiation, and math skills using Excel, Word, and Outlook programs, required
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office
- Workstations are cubicles with moderately high sides
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate
- 401(k) - 401(k) matching
- Disability insurance
- Flexible schedule
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Professional development assistance
- Referral program
- Retirement plan