Why Choose Group Benefits, LTD?
Are you the type of person to always do the right thing?
Do you go above and beyond expectations?
Group Benefits, Ltd. is one of the Midwest’s leading health insurance general agencies. GBL is focused on diversification and growth – both for the agents we work with and our own company. We work with more than 2,000 independent agents to help them achieve sales and business growth. In addition, our staff has consults with our agents as they support more than 4,000 employer groups and 70,000 individuals on their health insurance and benefits.
GBL offers employees a fun and team-oriented work environment; a competitive and flexible benefits package, including group health, life, long-term disability, dental, and vision insurance; health savings accounts; optional life insurance; 401(k) plan; discounted gym memberships; and paid time off. GBL is an equal opportunity employer.
We are currently looking to add our team with an exciting opportunity as Level 1 Group Account Manager. This position will be responsible for providing agent and client support during the sale and retention of employee benefits by being a group health insurance, carrier, and Affordable Care Act expert.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluate carrier renewal information on behalf of clients, develop and provide client recommendations, and consult with clients about options as part of the renewal process for group health insurance customers
- Provide consultation about requirements of the Affordable Care Act, research new legislative guidance, and ensure client compliance with ongoing legal changes.
- Handle confidential client information, complying with various HIPAA and other business and legal requirements.
- Suggest benefit plan enhancements and close sales of additional voluntary and ancillary coverages.
- Provide timely, courteous and accurate response to all inquiries, conducting research when necessary and communicating results
- Process all necessary paperwork by adhering to the sales and retention process
- Capable of working as a team to accomplish duties and goals
- Carrier Expert development in adherence to the established process
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School or the recognized equivalent in education and experience, required
- 2 – 4 years of experience, preferred
- Currently possess a Health and Life Insurance License insurance license, or able to obtain on within 6 months of employment, required
- AgencyBloc or similar agency management software experience, preferred
- Possess strong administrative and computing skills, including Microsoft Office (Word, Excel and Outlook)
- Able to work independently and enjoy a high degree of interaction with team members
- Ability to contribute to a collaborative environment by consistently demonstrating teamwork, high motivation, positive behavior and effort to achieve goals and objectives
- Self-motivated and driven
- Maintain a sense of urgency and ability to work with and meet deadlines
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication, including the ability actively listen, and problem solve with minimal assistance
- Demonstrates excellent time management and prioritization skills
- Attention to detail and commitment to a high level of accuracy
- The ability to multi task, prioritize, work independently, and use discretion surrounding sensitive information
- Ability to maintain a professional demeanor and positive attitude