Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. We have over 200 locations across the US and continue to grow every month. To fuel that growth we have another exciting opportunity as an Employee Benefits Account Executive with Suhr Risk Services, an Acrisure Agency Partner. This position is responsible for supporting the Producer in securing new business and retaining existing business as well as providing pleasant, accurate and timely support to our clients. The ideal candidate is going to be technically proficient with all aspects of products and services for large, complex accounts in the world of employee benefit solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide unparalleled relationship management with the C-Suite and HR team in addition to overseeing client service plans through flawless project management and team member development.
- Meet client goals through superior people management and development of your dedicated client service team.
- Gather and develop information to create effective benefit programs while proactively identifying and mitigating risks and barriers to success.
- Develop, lead, and evaluate strategic plan designs and associated change management strategies to meet long-term client goals
- Lead the development and oversee the execution of annual enrollment communication strategy and special employee communication campaigns with the goal of increasing understanding and participation.
- Ensure client compliance and provide advice on ACA employer impact by utilizing internal and external resources including providing final sign-off on various compliance initiatives, filings, and summary plan descriptions.
- Provide financial guidance on plan performance and trends to make recommendations for trend mitigation strategies after thoroughly evaluating all possible solutions.
- Serve as the internal and external team’s subject matter expert in all relevant factors impacting the client’s employee benefits program, including legislative developments, compliance changes, product developments, trends, and carrier products and innovation.
- Presenting HRIS system solutions for clients.
- Escalate claims issues
- Remain current on legislative changes and their impact on employee benefits.
- Assist clients in making appropriate coverage changes by informing and educating clients about coverage, exclusions and exposures; determine if immediate or delayed invoicing should be used.
- Check new and renewal policies for accuracy in rating, typing, coverages, signatures, and inputs these transactions to generate billing invoices. Ensures that these items are delivered and/or mailed to client.
- Maintain agency files accurately and consistently in an orderly and up-to-date manner; follows up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports, and follows up on overdue and suspense items. Processes incoming mail requests accurately and swiftly.
- Familiar with and follow agency E&O guidelines.
- Provides technical support to producers (coverage-wise, with proposal, suspense items, etc.) to help clients and reach agency’s business goals; performs special projects at management’s request
- Make each contact a marketing opportunity
- Coordinates expirations with producer to obtain renewal and/or new business information. Remarkets, contacts clients and follows up in conjunction with producers; renews policies by agency standards.
- Handles cancellations with care, legally saving all accounts possible with adherence to E&O guidelines.
- Seeks referrals from client base and follows through to get new accounts.
- Refers current and prospective clients to Premier, PL, and Life and Estate Planning for solicitation.
- Remains current on legislative changes and their impact on employee benefits
- Work with Team Leader to develop and implement work flows that promote efficiency
- Oversee preparation of accurate summaries on new and existing account
- Communicates and emulates company values on a day to day basis, as well as continues to support the mission and the vision of the department
- Adheres to all policies, procedures and workflow processes
- Continues education through one on one training, seminars, workshops, designation programs, etc.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or the recognized equivalent is required; college degree is preferred.
- Must possess a current California Life License
- 10+ years of experience in the employee benefits industry is required, brokerage experience is preferred
- Must have comprehensive knowledge of all areas of employee benefits coverage, underwriting, and legal requirements.
- Must have proficient computer skills in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook
- Must be able navigate the internet
- Ability to take initiative, prioritize and complete work with minimal supervision in order to complete projects accurately and meet deadlines
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent judgment and decision making capability
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently as well as within a team
- Excellent multi-tasking skills
- Strict attention to detail
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Customer service oriented, customer sensitive
- Adept in contract/premium negotiations
- Skilled in interacting with high level executives
- Self-funding experience a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office.
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.