Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. We have more than 200 locations across the US and continue to grow every month. To fuel that growth we have another exciting opportunity as a Producer with The Campbell Group. This position is responsible for creating the individual sales plan for new and renewal accounts so as to contribute to the continued profitable growth of the agency. We are open to speaking with producers who would come with a book of business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Research sources to determine potential prospects.
- Prospect for new business from existing clients and identified target groups.
- Contact prospects for the purpose of providing a quote and making sales appointments.
- Identify risk exposures, generate applications and gather ancillary details for submission to carriers.
- Develop and deliver formal proposals of insurance including details of coverages, limits, deductibles and other pertinent information.
- Conduct client and prospect appointments communicating proposals and renewals, explaining details and communicating desire to conduct business.
- Assess the renewal situation on a monthly basis, 120 days prior to the renewal date.
- Maintain production reports and attend all sales meetings as required.
- Arrange with the team the service levels to which an account will be handled.
- Work with the team to perform coverage reviews and updates.
- Maintain knowledge of company underwriting criteria, rating procedures, and marketing policy.
- Adhere to all systems, procedures, and insurance company regulations.
- Keep informed of industry developments through review of trade press and by attending insurance carrier training meetings on new products, etc.
- Maintain current state license(s), attending classes and seminars as requested.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business or related field or the recognized equivalent of experience and education is required
- Property & Casualty Insurance License is required
- Knowledge of commercial insurance
- Demonstrated success in sales and service
- Advanced computer skills including Excel, Word, Outlook Explorer, the internet and web based applications
- Must be organized, detail oriented, and efficient with excellent verbal and written communications skills and the ability to effectively work with others.
- Must be able to work proactively and independently in a fast-paced environment and have the ability to prioritize and work on multiple projects.
- Must have a high level of customer service and problem-solving skills.
- A positive, team oriented attitude is necessary to deal with a large variety of personalities.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office.
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.