Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. We have over 200 locations across the US and continue to grow every month. To fuel that growth we have an opportunity as an Account Manager – Commercial Lines with Bartling Insurance Group, an Acrisure Agency Partner. This position is responsible for providing prompt, accurate, and courteous service to customers, prospective customers, producers and coworkers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet with clients to discuss their insurance needs and recommend coverage that mitigates the risk and meets their business objectives.
- Analyze and audit commercial lines accounts in a manner to eliminate gaps in coverage, thus reducing our E&O exposures.
- Service Commercial Lines accounts as assigned and aid in collections.
- Prepare company submissions for new business quotes and prepare proposals of insurance for new Commercial lines clients, including visits to clients with producer when requested.
- Initiate, screen and prepare endorsements request for Commercial Lines clients.
- Prepare and process cancellations when required.
- Prepare and process all requests for certificates of insurance as required.
- Review all applications, policies, and endorsements and audits for accuracy.
- Set up and prepare new account files per agency procedures.
- Prepare ID cards, evidence of property, certificates, binders, and/or obtain underwriter approval on manuscript endorsements.
- Deliver policies, and related documents to insureds as needed.
- Maintain suspense items in a timely manner.
- Prepare expired policies for filing in dead files.
- Keep current on rates, forms, and coverage changes through circulars, bulletins, trade publications, seminars, and schools offered.
- Participate in seminars and classes for skill and knowledge development.
- Maintain all client activity in the agency system.
- Assist Claims Department in providing coverage information.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School diploma or the recognized equivalent is required.
- College degree is preferred.
- Must possess an active P&C License or be willing to obtain within 90 days of hire.
- Must be proficient with Microsoft Office Suite, Outlook, and the internet.
- Must be organized, efficient, detail-oriented, and able to focus on multiple priorities.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must also have the ability to effectively work with others.
- A positive, team-oriented attitude is necessary to effectively work with a large variety of personalities.
- Aviation & Commercial Transportation experience is required.
- Must possess excellent listening skills.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms.
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.