Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. We have 100 locations across the US and continue to grow every month. To fuel that growth we have another exciting opportunity as a Customer Service Representative with RSI Insurance Brokers, an Acrisure Agency Partner.
This position is responsible for policy maintenance and service of an assigned portion of accounts. The CSR will be expected to provide prompt, accurate, and courteous support service to clients and coworkers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to client requests for certificates of insurance according to agency guidelines within 30 minutes of receipt
- Process renewal certificates of insurance at the direction of Account Manager
- Data entry in the agency management system
- Quote and process “add on” agreements to existing finance agreements to premium finance company
- Policy processing including pulling policies from websites and attach in the agency management system, check policy for accuracy (comparing it to the proposal and agency management system) and handle corrections according to agency guidelines, transmit policies electronically to client or set up policies in 3-ring binders (based on client’s preference) and mail to client
- Process all change requests including updating the Agency Management System with the request, notification to carrier of requested change(s) and verification of change endorsement for accuracy when received including all documentation required in the Activity generated by this change
- Receive, review and document correspondence (phone, email, mail, fax, etc.) in agency management system, according to agency guidelines
- Review Activity follow up list on a daily basis and take appropriate action
- Assist with the cancellation process according to agency guidelines
- Assist with the (potential) missed expiration report according to agency guidelines
- Assist with policy renewal process by obtaining Motor Vehicle Records, Loss Run reports from carriers and clients, prepare renewal exposure requests. Update Renewal certificate templates in Applied
- Assist with Voluntary Audits and Final Audits at direction of Account Manager
- Transact agency bill items with Account Manager instruction
- Create Monthly Reporting of Total Insurable Values from agency management system, pre-invoice adjustment, follow up with client until report received and paid, if client advises corrections then adjust report and pre-invoice and resubmit to client for payment. Transmit finalized Monthly reported TIV to carrier. Set follow up for next month’s report
- Comply with agency standards, policies and procedures
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or the recognized equivalent
- Minimum 2 years of experience in the Insurance Industry in commercial servicing is required
- Current and Valid Property & Casualty Insurance License is required
- Experience with the trucking industry is preferred
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Word, and Excel
- Experience with Agency Management System is preferred
- Work as a team member to achieve department goals and overall company goals
- Demonstrate positive customer service skills internally and externally
- Maintains confidentiality of all information related to clients, customers, employees, and carriers as appropriate
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate