Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. We have over 200 locations across the US and continue to grow every month. To fuel that growth we have another exciting opportunity as an IT Helpdesk Technician. This position is responsible for providing an efficient and effective support and problem resolution for internal users in order to maintain a productive working environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Arrangement of new PCs for new employees including setup, installation and configuration of the software/hardware based on individual user needs.
- Coordinate and physical set up computer and phone for new hires liaising with HR and other teams to ensure equipment is ready to use on new hire’s first day.
- Complete user account maintenance for new hires, terminations and role changes.
- Diagnose any technical support/IT problems on desktops, laptops, and phone system and provide effective resolutions or information to the user.
- Pro-actively provide information and regular communication to users on the progress of outstanding support calls and provide an indication of time-scale for resolution.
- Escalate any complex issues to proper team member and keep track of the issue to ensure efficient resolution.
- Provide hardware and software support, including installation of new software and updates when required across all supported sites.
- Provide expertise to all users and answer any queries or requests for support or training on systems and software packages.
- Conduct technical support in line with documented procedures. Identify improvements to documentation, implement and communicate as necessary.
- Conduct IT support in line with business expectations supporting team procedures and processes to ensure issues are reported in the required manner and educate users who do not comply.
- Provide manager with regular updates on common issues encountered and identify possible long term solutions/improvements
- Utilize communication channels to inform team of important issues, and suggested system improvements.
- Utilize Helpdesk ticketing system in line with expectations to manage Helpdesk workload.
- Ensure that all users are kept informed of relevant changes or developments on a timely basis and that all relevant training is provided.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or the recognized equivalent is required
- Associate’s degree or recognized equivalent of education and experience is preferred
- Minimum of 1 year of experience providing IT technical support is required
- MCP professional qualification is preferred
- Enterprise MAC experience is preferred
- Knowledge of networks and telecoms is preferred
- Must be customer service oriented
- Ability to problem solve and knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Office
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize IT support requests
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Team player and ability to work independently with limited supervision
- Availability to travel up to 25% of the time
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office.
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.