Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. We have more than 250 locations across the US and continue to grow every month. To fuel that growth we have another exciting opportunity as a Customer Service Representative for RRL Insurance Agency, an Acrisure Agency Partner. This position is responsible for service, policy changes, and ensuring that the RRL Insurance Agency database and documentation are properly maintained.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Enter new client accounts in agency management system, including prospects.
- Check policy for accuracy (comparing it to the proposal and agency management system) and handle corrections according to agency guidelines.
- Compose business correspondence for supervisors, managers, and professionals.
- Correspond with insured or agent to obtain information or inform them account status or changes.
- Receive, review and document all client and underwriter correspondence (phone, email, mail, fax, etc.) in agency management system, change requests and endorsement processing, review follow up list on a weekly basis and take appropriate action, manage the cancellation process, and (potential) missed expiration report according to agency guidelines.
- Interview clients and take their calls in order to provide customer service.
- Notify insurance agent and accounting department of policy cancellation.
- Process, prepare, and submit business or government forms, such as submitting applications for coverage to insurance carriers. May market renewals with oversight and delegation from Account Manager or Operations Manager.
- Review and verify data, such as age, name, address, and principal sum and value of property on insurance applications and policies.
- Transact agency bill items. Set up premium financing as needed. Ensure proper coding of agency commission, producer commission, service structure and agency structure (the “service and billing tab”), review and take action on all account receivable items according to agency guidelines. Solve transaction issues with carriers and accounting department.
- Calculate premiums, refunds, commissions, and adjustments, using insured’s current insurance rates.
- Transcribe data to worksheets and enter data into computer for use in preparing documents and adjusting accounts.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or the equivalent is required
- Possess and maintain active OhioProperty & Casualty license, or be willing to obtain within 90 days of hire
- Minimum of 3 years of administrative, office, or related experience is required
- One year of experience working in commercial insurance industry is preferred
- Demonstrated strong PC skills including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Knowledge of Agency Management Systems
- Must be organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task and be efficient with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must also have the ability to effectively work with others. Must have a high level of problem-solving skills
- A positive, team-oriented attitude is necessary to effectively work with a large variety of personalities
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate