Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. We have more than 200 locations across the US and continue to grow every month.
To fuel that growth we have another exciting opportunity as an Account Executive with The CIMA Companies Inc., an Acrisure Agency Partner. The Account Executive plans, directs, and coordinates risk management and insurance programs of customer organizations and prospect organizations. Eligible for telework after an initial training period.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages all aspects of customers’ insurance programs in accordance with established policies and procedures.
- Contacts prospective customers and explains features and merits of CIMA's services and insurance products, making recommendations based on analysis of prospect's circumstances.
- Directs insurance negotiations, recommends insurance carriers, and places insurance.
- Provides management reports for customer accounts.
- Responds to customer instructions for policy changes and renewal.
- Facilitates completion of new and renewal policy applications and forwards applications to insurers.
- Notifies insurer of changes in customer's operations affecting insurance coverage.
- Reviews and recommends improvements to departmental procedures and workflows.
- Travels throughout D.C., Maryland and Virginia area to meet with customers to review, discuss, and service their insurance program.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or the recognized equivalent in education and experience is required
- One year directly related commercial property/casualty insurance experience and/or training required
- Proficiency in the use of the Microsoft Windows operating system/environment, and functional operating knowledge of Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Word is required in order to perform the essential duties of this position.
- Must maintain property and casualty insurance license/qualifications in Virginia, Maryland, and D.C. Excellent oral and written communication skills are also required.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office.
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.