Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. We have 100 locations across the US and continue to grow every month. To fuel that growth we have another exciting opportunity as a Benefits Analyst with Doyle Alliance Group, an Acrisure Agency Partner. The primary role of the Benefits Analyst is to support the Account Manager/Consultant team in maintaining the overall responsibility for day to day client relationship management. This includes servicing and corresponding with Doyle Alliance Group clients and insurance carriers at multiple levels of expertise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with Consulting team to gather and evaluate data from employer group clients and carriers to develop cost- effective and client appropriate health & welfare solutions for prospective and existing clients.
- Assist senior consultants to review client needs, recommend suitable approaches and help implement benefit program strategies.
- Provide support and benefit administration services for clients
- Develop an awareness of the insurance carrier and vendor marketplace, plan designs, healthcare cost factors and the renewal process for health and group benefit programs.
- Assist consultants with entering and maintaining accurate financial, plan information and other account related data in DAG’s agency management system.
- Develop competencies implementing online portal services (MyWave, HRConnection, HR360) and educating clients on the services offered through these systems.
- Assist DAG Call Center with client claim and customer service issues.
- Assist with auditing benefit files for compliance and consistency.
- Maintain a strong relationship with carrier representatives and keep abreast of market developments and product offerings.
- Assist with the RFP process from data collection through final carrier and plan decisions.
- Benchmark plan design and employee contributions.
- Review and compare benefit proposals using department format.
- Analyze marketing results.
- Create detailed benefit analysis comparison (via computerized spreadsheet) of renewal, cost and options for proposals to the employer in order to choose the best plan alternative for presentation.
- Assist with financial models including premium cost projections and contribution models.
- Help write and structure client communications, including proposals, reports, spreadsheets and presentations.
- Assist with day-to-day client service needs. Appropriately identify and escalate problem resolution.
- Perform job functions in compliance with all company policies and federal/state rules and regulations as applicable to the position.
- Work on special projects or duties as assigned by management.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s Degree or the recognized equivalent in experience and education is required
- Bachelor’s Degree is preferred
- Minimum of 2 years work experience in the administration and analysis of employee benefit programs, health insurance or related industry is required
- Must possess an active Life & Health license or obtain within 120 days of hire
- Demonstrated experience with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) is essential
- Self – motivated and goal oriented
- Flexibility in a variety of settings and ability to work under pressure
- Able to work independently with drive to Excel
- Strong benefit product knowledge required; including, but not limited to
- Section 125
- Voluntary products
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Strong sense of initiative with a proven ability to resolve problems independently
- Must possess strong organizational skills and attention to detail
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office.
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.