Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. We have 100 locations across the US and continue to grow every month. To fuel that growth we have another exciting opportunity as a Claims Associate with PentaRisk Insurance Specialists. This position is responsible for assisting in the claims process and documentation of correspondence.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Answer Claims related phone calls and emails
- Receive new claims
- Enter claims into internal claim system
- Set diaries and reviews daily to obtain status updates on open claims
- Document correspondence and status updates in internal claims system
- Serve as customer service point of contact for claims clients
- Prepare claim kits/risk management manuals as need assisting claims manager
- Comply with PentaRisk policies and performance expectations
- Ensure that all processes and procedures are completed within the structure of PentaRisk’s operating model and meet all expected compliance and professional standards
- Participate in ongoing training provided by PentaRisk
- Perform other duties as assigned
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or the recognized equivalent is required
- Minimum of 1 year of experience working in an office is required
- Prior experience working in the insurance industry is preferred
- Bilingual – Excellent verbal and written communication in both English and Spanish is required
- Proficient computer skills including email, record keeping, Microsoft Office, and database activity.
- Good organizational and time management skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to maintain multiple tasks and projects simultaneously
- Exceptional communication skills
- Ability to maintain a positive presence in the workplace
- Strong customer service orientation
- Represents oneself and the company in a professional manner
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate