Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. We have 100 locations across the US and continue to grow every month. To fuel that growth we have another exciting opportunity as a Safety & Loss Control Consultant with IBTX, an Acrisure Agency Partner. This position is responsible for providing expertise in the Safety and Health in an effort to prevent and mitigate employee injuries and illnesses for all IBTX Risk Services Clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist clients and their field management to promote effective safety programs at their assigned branch(s) and job sites.
- Anticipate, identify and evaluate hazardous conditions and practices;
- Perform clients safety program needs assessment in order to identify deficiencies and implement preventive & corrective actions.
- Develop Health & Safety policies, procedures, rules and regulations are adhered to and are regularly reviewed, updated and communicated.
- Implement, administer and advise others on hazard controls and hazard control programs
- Measure, audit and evaluate the effectiveness of hazard controls and hazard control programs.
- Employee / Supervisor / Temporary Employee Training: Facilitate, document, and ensure all employees, supervisors, and temporary employees receive the client’s company required safety training.
- Conduct safety meetings and training programs for client employees.
- Assist in Branch, Facilities, Field and Job Site Inspections & Observations
- Perform job hazard analysis to identify hazards within the workplace. Requires the ability to climb scaffold, ladders and enter confined spaces in some cases on job sites. Will Coach and guide IBTX employees/client employees and management regarding safety compliance issues and safe product applications.
- Assist with ensuring compliance of Federal, State, and Local laws and regulations such as OSHA 1926 and 1910, DOT, MSHA, EPA, ADA
- Participate in safety initiatives, meetings and programs as required by the client. The Safety Specialist may provide custom safety training as determined by the needs assessment of the client.
- Work with job site safety personnel to identify and resolve safety issues.
- Incident / Accident Investigation & Reporting: Investigate and document incidents involving company property, employees, or temporary contracted employees.
- Medical Interface: Coordinate hand off injured or ill employees to IBTX Claims Advocates for follow up. May work with medical providers and Risk Management Department to ensure the procedure requirements of the client’s return to work program are followed.
- Administrative: Assist with OSHA recordkeeping requirements/training. Train and assist authorized personnel in understanding the company’s safety incentive program at their assigned branch and/or job sites.
- Travel and stay overnight as required up to 50% of the time.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or the equivalent is required. Bachelor’s Degree in a related field preferred
- Bilingual – Excellent verbal and written communication in both English and Spanish is required
- Experience with OSHA 500 and 501 Authorized Outreach Trainer
- Certified Safety and Health Official (CSHO) preferred
- 5 years of related experience in the field of Safety and Loss Control preferred
- Competent and proficient understanding of the Microsoft Office suite, including Microsoft Excel
- Must possess the ability to know when something is wrong and is likely to go wrong based on his/her experience, knowledge and training.
- Must possess the ability to combine pieces of information to form general rules or conclusions and communicate this information on a formal report as part of an accident investigation.
- Must be willing to be on call at all times unless scheduled time off has been approved by Director of Safety & Loss Control
- Demonstrate in-depth Safety related knowledge and skill
- Excellent bilingual (English/Spanish) communication skills; Safety Specialist must be able to effectively communicate with students, clients and/or staff in a manner that the student can comprehend and understand what is being taught orally or in written form with co-management, internal and external customers.
- Attend pertinent and productive safety seminars and/or safety courses that expand on current knowledge.
- Must have the ability to keep abreast of all 1910 and 1926 regulations and standards.
- OSHA Outreach Instructor Trainer certification
- Must have the ability to demonstrate, anticipate and solve practical problems or resolve issues
- Review new products and services offered by various safety and scaffolding contractors and trade organizations
- Must possess the knowledge of business English, proper spelling, grammar, punctuation, and basic arithmetic
- Must have the ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with individuals of varying social and cultural backgrounds and with co-workers at all levels
- Must have the ability to follow instructions in verbal and written format
- Must have the ability to demonstrate good judgment and foresight, moral character, honesty, tact, fairness, lack of prejudice and desire to help when dealing with people
- Must have the ability to learn, understand and apply new technologies
- Must have the ability to perform with a professional appearance and excellent customer service skills
- Must have the ability to conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Must have the ability to work extended hours and various work schedules
- Strong attention to detail, good proofreading skills, excellent reliability, initiative and stress tolerance
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office.
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.