Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. We have 100 locations across the US and continue to grow every month. To fuel that growth we have another exciting opportunity as a Health & Benefits Senior Analyst with Cowden, an Acrisure Agency Partner. This position is responsible for supporting consultants in managing client accounts by requesting and analyzing data from various carriers/vendors, researching compliance issues and evaluating benefit plans and programs. The Analyst will also participate in presentations and respond to client needs, as appropriate.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with H&B consultants to assist with client projects.
- Utilize internal resources effectively on client projects based on expertise.
- Deliver superior, consistent client management and deliverables for assigned clients.
- Manage relationships and coordinate tasks with vendors.
- Manage carrier/vendor data collection, input and analyze data for trends and prepare client reports for final peer review by the consultant.
- Effectively assist with the resolution of client vendor issues.
- Prepare and distribute Request for Proposals (RFPs) for medical, prescription drug, dental vision, life, disability and voluntary benefits, including data collection, preparation of bid specifications, summary of proposals, manage/coordinate follow up with carriers/clients, and preparation and presentation of the results.
- Assist in developing plan design recommendations for clients.
- Lead/manage client vendor implementations.
- Review of Summary Plan Descriptions (SPDs), benefit summaries, booklets, and contracts.
- Lead preparation of client employee communication materials.
- Assist with compliance research.
- Assist with preparation of client Welfare Form 5500 filings and Summary Annual Reports.
- Actively participate in meetings and communicate with clients, as appropriate.
- Work within the established fee/commission budget.
- Act as client lead, when appropriate.
- Participate in training programs to enhance benefit industry knowledge.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or the recognized equivalent of experience and education is required.
- Pennsylvania Health, Accident and Life license is preferred.
- Minimum of three (3) years of directly related health and welfare benefits experience with a consulting firm or insurance company is required.
- Underwriting experience is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and Powerpoint
- Strong project management skills
- Detail oriented with proficient analytical skills
- Ability to work on and complete multiple tasks under aggressive timeframes
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proactive with carriers and clients.
- Ability to work with multiple reporting systems to extract data.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (verbal and written).
- Ability to work both independently and within a team to meet common goals.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office.
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.