Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. We have 100 locations across the United States, and we continue to grow every month.
To fuel that growth, Acrisure is looking to supplement its team with an opportunity for an intern in its Regulatory Affairs Department who possesses an attention to detail, who is highly organized, and who can provide critical thinking and assistance to the licensing and business integration processes of the company. This position will assist the Regulatory Affairs’ team in providing general services of varying complexity that require the use of analytical/critical thinking skills and sound problem-solving skills.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of leadership:
- Maintains confidences and protects operations by maintaining a high degree of confidentiality with all sensitive information and assigned tasks;
- Works with the Regulatory Affairs business integration team to perform one or more of the following functions from time to time: responding to general inquiries from carriers and agency partners; assisting in the process to transfer assets from one company to another; gathering ancillary documents required for the successful transfer of assets; and various support tied to the administration of carrier and agency partner requests and contractual relationships;
- Works with the Regulatory Affairs licensing team to perform one or more of the following functions from time to time: assisting in the completion of licensing applications; gathering documents required for licensing applications; researching various departments of insurance regulations; and various support tied to the administration of the licensing repository;
- Demonstrates excellent time management as well as prioritization skills; and
- Assists leadership with projects that may arise from time to time during the internship period.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
Education and/or Experience:
- Current enrollment in a college curriculum is required (preference toward J.D. candidates); and
- Enrollment in programs for general business, business administration, legal studies, risk management, or insurance will be preferred.
- Must possess strong administrative and computing skills, including Microsoft Office, specifically, Word and Excel;
- Must be able to work independently after given instructions and guidance; enjoy a high degree of interaction with team members;
- Must be able to logically research issues through a variety of sources;
- Must be self-motivated and driven; and
- Must communicate effectively – both in writing and orally.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges will be encountered.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office;
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides; and
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.