Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. We have 100 locations across the US and continue to grow every month. To fuel that growth we have another exciting opportunity as a Health and Benefit Consultant with Cowden Associates, Inc., an Acrisure Agency Partner. This position is responsible for consulting on a wide variety of projects involving the design, pricing, funding, implementation, and management of a full array of Health and Group Benefits programs including medical, dental, life, disability, and flexible benefits. The Health & Benefits Consultant will act as the primary client/project manager with day-today communication as a liaison with clients, and create client deliverables.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver superior, consistent client management and deliverables for assigned clients.
- Develop a trusted advisor relationship with client contacts through effective communication and efficient, quality execution of projects
- Develop program designs based on clients’ short and long-term objectives
- Identify critical items of concern from the client’s perspective, e.g., compliance and funding.
- Complete medical, prescription drug, stop loss, and ancillary product analyses including plan design pricing, contract review, budget and COBRA rate development, renewal projections, and short and long-term client strategy development.
- Prepare Request for Proposals, vendor follow up, analyses of the proposals, and preparation of the final report.
- Maintain primary and/or secondary client contact, as appropriate based on the size of the client and scope of work
- Utilize internal resources effectively on client projects based on expertise
- Work within the client budget established
- Serve as a mentor to junior staff members
- Develop and manage relationships with vendors
- Participate in the technical peer review process
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field or the recognized equivalent of education and experience is required
- Must possess Pennsylvania Health, Accident, and Life License
- Minimum of six (6) years of direct experience with a consulting/brokerage firm working with mid-size to large size groups, i.e., 200 – 5,000 employees.
- Financial underwriting experience is preferred.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Experience in the competitive marketing process
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to manage multiple client projects and work assignments under aggressive timeframes
- Proactive interaction with carriers and clients
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office.
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.