Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. We have more than 200 locations across the US and continue to grow every month. To fuel that growth we have another exciting opportunity as an Assistant Group Benefits Account Manager with The Rigg Darlington Group, an Acrisure Agency Partner. This position is responsible for client contact and servicing a book of group benefits accounts.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide support to our Employee Benefits producers
- Responsible for servicing Group Benefits and Voluntary Benefits accounts
- Provide prompt, accurate and courteous service to our insureds, producers and insurance company representatives.
- Respond to customer and insurance company requests in a professional and timely manner
- Order new business and renewal business quotations
- Process new business, renewals, policy changes and cancellations
- Create new business and renewal business proposals
- Coordinate seminars and marketing mailings
- Knowledgeable of companies we represent and their products
- Coordinating various value added services provided by TPA/Vendors with customers
- Provide billing and invoicing services to customers as needed
- Generate a weekly activity report and weekly high Performance agendas.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or the recognized equivalent is required
- One year of experience in a similar position is preferred
- Pennsylvania Life & Health Agents License required within 90 days of hire
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications including Excel, Word and Power Point
- Must have proficient typing skills
- Must be a self-starter, imaginative and creative with excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Must have thorough understanding of group benefits and related coverages
- Good listening skills and attention to detail are necessary
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office.
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.