Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. We have over 200 locations across the United States, and we continue to grow every month.
To fuel that growth, Acrisure is looking to supplement its team with an opportunity for a Regulatory Affairs Assistant in its Regulatory Affairs Department who possesses an attention to detail, who is highly organized, and who has strong proofreading skills. This position will assist the Regulatory Affairs’ team in providing administrative regulatory support of moderate complexity that requires the use of good judgment, interpersonal communication, and sound problem-solving skills to effectuate asset (books of business) transfers and other new business initiatives.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The following description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of leadership:
- Maintains confidences and protects operations by maintaining a high degree of confidentiality with all sensitive information and assigned tasks;
- Works with the Regulatory Affairs team to perform one or more of the following functions from time to time: tracks written notifications (including notifications to carriers and carrier appointments) provided to both outside parties and agencies; retrieves documentation in response to business inquiries associated with the same; completes appointment forms and other corporate-related documentation required by insurance carriers; maintains day-to-day regulatory documents in an organized fashion at the direction of the team; maintains current knowledge of team responsibilities and supports the success of the function/team by providing effective administrative assistance and accurate information for overall effectiveness;
- Resolves limited and non-routine problems as required;
- Maintains a broad awareness of the roles of the immediate team members and work function;
- Possesses strong administrative and computing skills, including Microsoft Office (specifically, Word and Excel) and the full Adobe suite;
- Demonstrates excellent time management skills as well as prioritization skills; and
- Assists leadership with tasks that may arise from time to time.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The following requirements are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required:
Education and/or Experience:
- Associate’s degree (or higher) is preferred (equitable work experience with a high school diploma or GED will be accepted);
- Minimum 2 years office experience required;
- Legal secretary background is preferred; and
- Experience in the insurance industry or a law firm/in-house legal department with comparable exposure is highly desired.
- Must be able to work independently and enjoy a high degree of interaction with team members;
- Must be self-motivated and driven; and
- Must communicate effectively – both in writing and orally.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges will be encountered.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office;
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides; and
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.