Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. We have over 200 locations across the US and continue to grow every month. To fuel that growth we have another exciting opportunity as an Assistant Account Manager – Large Group Health with Reliance Insurance Group, an Acrisure Agency Partner. This position is responsible for supporting the Producer and Senior Account Executive in securing new business and retaining existing business as well as providing pleasant, accurate and timely support to our clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for servicing Group Benefits and Voluntary Benefits accounts.
- Provide prompt, accurate and courteous service to our insureds, producers and insurance company representatives.
- Respond to customer and insurance company requests in a professional and timely manner; assist with claims and enrollment matters.
- Order new business and renewal business quotations; review and audit for accuracy and completeness.
- Process new business, renewals, policy changes and cancellations.
- Create new business and renewal business proposals based on clients business needs and risk tolerance.
- Develop employee memorandum drafts for client to communicate the following; annual renewal changes, enrollment procedures, miscellaneous benefit changes and/or clarifications.
- Coordinate seminars and marketing mailings.
- Coordinating various value added services provided by TPA/Vendors with customers.
- Provide billing and invoicing services to customers as needed.
- Generate a weekly activity report and weekly high Performance agendas.
- Receive phone calls from clients and companies regarding insurance, claims, or administrative problems, and complies with the request and/or refers to the producer only when necessary.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High school diploma or the recognized equivalent is required.
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in similar role working with Life & Health required.
- New Jersey Life & Health Agent License preferred.
- Knowledge of computer systems and applications including Excel, Word and Power Point (high proficiency in Excel preferred).
- Must be organized, detail oriented, able to multi-task and be efficient with excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Work as a team member to achieve departmental and overall company goals.
- Must also have the ability to effectively work with others.
- Above average follow-up skills and work ethic are necessary and must have a high level of problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrate positive customer service skills, internally and externally with effective communication, respect and integrity.
- Ability to prioritize daily with minimal supervision.
- A positive, team-oriented attitude is necessary to effectively work with a large variety of personalities.
- Maintain confidentiality of all information related to clients, customers, employees, carriers, or other information as appropriate.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms.
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office.
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
- Limited travel up to 10% of the time.