Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. We have over 200 locations across the US and continue to grow every month. To fuel that growth we have another exciting opportunity as a Payroll Administrator. This position is responsible for all phases of payroll administration for a variety of Agency Partners.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for all aspects of payroll administration for multiple states.
- Review and process wage garnishments, tax and direct deposit forms.
- Work closely with internal HR and Benefits teams to ensure payrolls are processed timely and accurately.
- Keep current on payroll system functionality, all wage and hour laws and related compliance issues.
- Act as a liaison between client and federal, state and local tax agencies.
- Provide exemplary customer service in all encounters.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or the equivalent is required.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in payroll processing is required.
- Associates or higher degree in a business related field is preferred.
- Advanced PC skills including Microsoft Office Suite, and internet are required
- Administrators should have the ability to interpret and disseminate payroll/tax regulations and FLSA rules.
- Must be organized and have the ability to prioritize work to meet deadlines.
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal skills are essential.
- Administrators must have a high degree of mathematical skills to apply the concepts of fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- The administrator must thrive in a cooperative environment to be able to deliver a consistent customer product
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.