Acrisure has been named the fastest growing insurance brokerage firm three years in a row by Business Insurance Magazine. We have over 200 locations across the US and continue to grow every month. To fuel that growth we have another exciting opportunity as a Commercial Lines Claims Representative with the Hasbrouck Heights NJ location of Scirocco Group, an Acrisure Agency Partner. This faced-paced, highly rewarding position is the first point of contact when a client has a loss. Claim Representatives need to handle the claim process from beginning to end; working closely with the client, insurance carrier, adjuster and claimants as well as co-workers in the underwriting department. The Claim Representative manages the claim process with the goal of obtaining for the client or claimant the best possible outcome in accordance with their insurance contract/coverage.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicate with clients of the agency regularly regarding the reporting and monitoring of all personal and commercial lines claims; handle the claim process from point of initial loss notice until claim is closed acting as point of contact for client, adjusters, and account executives.
- Conduct audit of claims for any coverage questions, review any denial of coverage for accuracy and act as a liaison between insured and insurance company adjuster.
- Point of contact with legal counsel for documents for suit or trial.
- Evaluate and challenge claim reserves in accord with industry and claim specific knowledge.
- Review and analyze customer claim issues in coordination with Account Executives and Producers in order to reduce E&O exposure.
- Review policy forms, understand coverage and question carriers when necessary.
- Secure loss runs from carriers as requested. Prepare claims information for presentations as requested.
- Refer complex coverage questions to Risk Manager.
- Prepare claims information for presentations as requested.
- Provide claims packets to customers and prospects as requested.
This description is not meant to be all-inclusive and may be modified from time to time at the discretion of management.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- High School Diploma or the recognized equivalent is required.
- Must possess a current NJ Property & Casualty Insurance License.
- Must continue to meet Continuing Education requirements for license renewal.
- Minimum of three years of claim experience, with an emphasis on commercial lines.
- Proficiency in MS Word, Excel, Outlook, Internet, Adobe Acrobat, and Customer Database Programs (Applied/TAM experience is helpful).
- Strong ability to multitask.
- Must possess exceptional written and oral communication skills, especially on the phone.
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently of continuous supervision and achieve a high-level product within requested time constraints.
- Must be able to work as a team member to achieve department goals and overall company goals.
- Excellent customer service skills, including telephone and listening skills.
- A positive outlook and desire to learn and grow with us.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work flows and is detail oriented in order to meet company/industry deadlines.
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Moderate stress due to regular deadlines and daily challenges.
- High finger dexterity while typing documents and forms
- Occasionally lift up to 20lbs.
- Minimal travel may be required.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job, and reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Work is done in a temperature-controlled, non-smoking office.
- Work stations are cubicles with moderately high sides.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.